- A reason to try the Latin Mass. In a lot of places, the Latin Mass is scarce. Most Catholic churches will have the Novus Ordo, but finding a Latin Mass can be hard. Many major parishes, such as shrines and bascilias, will only offer the Latin mass, although there are churches who offer both types of Masses (such as a parish that offers one Spanish mass and the rest are in English).
- A problem or theme to consider. Have you wanted to learn about Mary, the Mother of God, and ask God to thank her and have her pray for us? Even if you haven't, you still could go to a shrine, such as Our Lady of Fatima in Portuguese. You might feel peace knowing you took time with God about a situation.
- A time to slow down. We live in a fast-paced world that is open 24/7. You might get a text to come into work when you're trying to take a day off- if you're lucky enough to have one! However, as I have said in the past, we are commanded to keep the Sabbath Holy. A trip may help you do so and encourage you to take more rests.
I know these aren't a lot, but I go on one annually, but only have for a few years. I will visit this topics when I learn firsthand of more possible benefits. Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment